Friday, November 7, 2008
The Dance I Wished to have Lasted...
I was looking at you from your side. You saw me. So I turned my gaze to the other side. Then you shocked me when you headed to where I seat. You offered me a hand and asked for a dance. I never expected you to do that. In fact, I didn't want to have expectations for I l knew they'd crash all the same. I didn't take any second thought, I said yes like a flash...like a shooting star on which I sung a wish... A wish you made to come true. You led me on the floor of my living dream. As if everything has vanished and only us were left. Like the princess in the hands of his prince, I felt so helpless yet enchanted in your arms, in your presence. You looked through my eyes and and I looked through yours as if we were sharing the same world...as if we were going back to our past. Our past that sealed the memory of one love. You asked me how my life is going though you were seeing me eight hours a day, five times a week. I answered with a smile: "It's fine so far. How about yours?". You said you're happy. Again, there was silence. You held me, close to an embrace. I closed my eyes, just feeling your breath on my nape. It was calm. Almost in tears, I asked how are you and her. You denied anything between you two but I knew she and you were leading to that fantastic world. "This would be our last dance, wouldn't it?" I required assurance. You didn't know what to say. I understood. We were both ignorant of what will happen. After a while, you thanked me. I thanked you back. You said I'm the girl you won't ever forget for being there when you need me; for I touched your life more than I imagined I could; for you met me. I didn't give you reasons for my thanking you. I was afraid to tell you how many lessons you've taught me, how many pieces of puzzles you've given me. I was afraid to tell you how I've found half of what I am. I was afraid to tell you that I've been loving you. Fear made me mum. All I was able to say is,"Lead me back." Everything appeared. I saw people dancing. I saw her. I saw you take her to the dance. I saw her smiling. I saw her happy. And I saw myself weeping inside...hurting...wishing I were her. I held my head to the heavens and thought: maybe, just maybe, someday I'll be the only one you are dancing with...for the rest of the nights. iann_/08Oct08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment